- Abdul Wahid Tanveer of Team TVS riding a TVS RTR 450 motorcycle, won the overall title in the MRF Rally of Coimbatore
- The fourth round of the MRF MoGrip FMSCI National Rally Championship for two-wheelers held on Sunday 17 July 2016
- Clocked 1 hr 02 min, 13 seconds to complete the challenging Special Stages set around the wind farms near the Kethanur (Palladam) area.
- The total distance of the route was approximately 145 kms, the total distance of the Special Stages approximately 70 km’s.
- R. Nataraj of Team TVS on a TVS RTR 450 motorcycle, came overall second in a time of 1 hr 04 minutes and 21 seconds, while SD.Vishwas, a privateer took the third position overall on a Yamaha 250F motorcycle, clocking 1 hr 12 minutes and 01 seconds.
- The rally was flagged off by Dr. R. Sivakumar, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic), from the Andal Kalyana Mandapam on Trichy Road and finished at the same point. Mr. Amarnath, District Manager MRF Ltd., gave away the prizes.
- Fifty-eight riders took part in the in the rally organised by Coimbatore Auto Sports Club, while Local lad Vikram Sekar won the Star of Tamil Nadu category exclusively for riders from Tamil Nadu.