- Kohli played a masterful knock of 200 (283 balls, 24 fours)
- At the Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Grounds in Antigua, West Indies
- Also broke Mohammed Azharuddin’s long-standing record of 192 in 1990 against New Zealand
- Virat Kohli also became the fifth Indian captain to score a double century in a Test match, Others are Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi (203 against England), Sachin Tendulkar (217 against New Zealand), Sunil Gavaskar (205 against West Indies) and MS Dhoni (224 against Australia)
- Just three captains have managed double hundreds in a Test match vs West Indies in the Carribean. Apart from Kohli, the first two were England's Len Hutton (205 at Kingston in 1953-54) and Australia's Bobby Simpson (201 at Bridgetown in 1964-65).
- Kohli also made his Test debut in the Caribbean, in 2012 in Jamaica as a 23-year old.