- SIAC-CET 2016 for UPSC 2017
SIAC-CET 2016 for UPSC 2017(IAS/ IPS/ IFS) full time free of cost training programme
State Institute for Administrative Careers (SIAC), Mumbai has declared dates for SIAC-CET 2016. SIAC offers 11 month free of cost assistance, guidance, training and coaching for candidates who seek a career in Public Services. SIAC enables candidates to prepare themselves necessary, personal qualities and attitudes academically for examinations conducted by UPSC.
SIAC works towards improving the performance of the candidates from Maharashtra in a matter of securing appointments to IAS/IFS/IPS and other allied services made through the competitive examination conducted annually by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
SIAC-CET 2016 details are as follows for State Institute for Administrative Careers (SIAC), Mumbai admissions
Schedule of Exam:
- Online Application: 19 Aug 2016 to 19 Sep 2016
- Exam Fees Payment (In state Bank Branch): 22 Aug 2016 to 23 Sep 2016
- Admit card for written test: 01 Oct 2016 to 16 Oct 2016
Please note that application to be made online only; please don’t send any documents related to qualification to office by post. All documents will be verified at the time of final selection process.
Online application can be done at http://www.eforms.org.in/siac2016/
- Written exam of 200 marks
- Section 1: General Studies 100 Marks
- Section 2: CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) 100 Marks
- Negative Marking: Each wrong answer will deduct 1/3 i.e. 0.33 Marks from final score.
- Merit list will be based on Section 1 General Studies marks but Minimum 33% i.e. 33 Marks needs to be scored in Section II CSAT.
- Entrance Exam Question paper will be in English Language only
For scoring well in written exam candidate must have good knowledge of UPSC exam syllabus. SIAC-CET Entrance Exam paper 2016 will be based on following subjects
|Section- I (GENERAL STUDIES)
||Current events of National and International Importance
|History of India and Indian National Movement
|Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
|Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
|Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
|General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
|Section- II (CSAT)
|Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
|Logical reasoning and analytical ability
|Decision-making and problem-solving
|General mental ability
|Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
Qualifications for Entrance Exam:
- Graduation degree from any of the Authorised Institute of any discipline
- Candidates age at 01 Aug 2017
- 21 to 32 Years (General)
- 21 to 35 Years ( OBC/ NT/ DT)
- 21 to 37 Years (SC/ ST)
- Candidate must be domicile of Maharashtra
- Should not have taken benefits of previous Training programme
- Candidate cannot take part in any other activates like Job, education
- Medical Degree holders should complete their Internship
For more details please download Official Notification.
If you have started preparing for Entrance Exam you can try our online test, and following are the available tests.
Practice Test in English